Bioclear – Mansfield, TX
Seamlessly Reshape Your Teeth
Composite resin has been used for many years to fill in cavities and repair chips, cracks, and other imperfections in teeth. In more recent times, a new way to use such resin has emerged. Bioclear is an innovative and painless process that can reshape the teeth, fortifying them and leaving them looking absolutely gorgeous. What exactly is Bioclear in Mansfield, and how might it be able to benefit you? Read on below to discover the answers.
What Is Bioclear?
Bioclear is a unique type of dental bonding that was first developed back in 2007. Since its emergence, countless dentists have adopted into their practice because they believe in the powerful benefits it can deliver to patients. Some may classify it as a cosmetic procedure, but it can also be used in restorative settings.
The Bioclear method involves the use of special matrices (molds) that are wrapped around the teeth. Then, heated composite resin is injected into the molds. The purpose of the molds is to hold the resin in place and ensure that the bonding process produces a perfectly shaped, natural-looking tooth.
Some examples of issues that Bioclear can be used to treat include:
- Worn, chipped, and/or broken front teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Damage from decay (in fact, Bioclear is rightly viewed as a crown alternative in Mansfield)
- Black triangles at the base of teeth that occur after orthodontic treatment or due to gum recession/periodontal disease
- Small natural gaps between the teeth
The Bioclear Process
The Bioclear process is comfortable and fast. First, we clean the teeth, removing any biofilm (such as plaque) that may be clinging to them. Next, we wrap a mold around a tooth before injecting the warm composite resin, which is shade-matched to the tooth’s unique color. A curing light hardens the resin in a matter of seconds. To finish up the treatment, we make some final adjustments to the shape of the resin and polish it so it has a natural, smooth-looking finish.
The Benefits of Bioclear
Some of the most noteworthy benefits of Bioclear include:
- It requires just one appointment to complete
- The results are so natural-looking that onlookers should never be able to guess that you had some dental work done
- It is a no-prep treatment, meaning that unlike crowns or veneers, it does not require that your teeth be filed down
- With proper care, the results may last for 10 years or longer
- Bioclear dental restorations are resistant to stains
- If you wish, Bioclear can be reversed without too much difficulty
Are you ready to learn more about Bioclear? Contact us today to ask questions or schedule a consultation with our team.