Emergency Dentist — Mansfield, TX
Smile-Saving Care When You Need It Most
Even if you take every safety precaution, a dental emergency can happen out of the blue. You may think a hospital emergency room is well-equipped to provide urgent care for you and your loved ones, but that’s not always the case. They usually don’t have a licensed dental professional on staff, which means they won’t be able to effectively handle your situation. But don’t worry! Dr. Sandi Hamm is ready to identify the source of the problem, administer proper treatment, and get you out of pain. To learn more about our smile-saving emergency dentistry in Mansfield, continue reading or give our office a call today!
Why Choose Sandi Hamm, DDS for Emergency Dental Care?
- Same-Day Appointments Available
- Gentle, Caring, and Expert Dentistry
- Calming Dental Sedation
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Call our office. Time is of the essence in any emergency, which means you need to contact us right away for assistance. We’ll pencil you in for an appointment at your earliest convenience depending on your situation. Over the phone, we’ll provide you with first-aid instructions to help you manage your situation in the meantime.
- See Dr. Hamm for an emergency exam. When you get to our office, we’ll conduct a detailed emergency exam to identify the cause of your problem. Based on our findings, we’ll create a custom treatment plan to get your smile back on the right track.
- Get the care you need. Our team might be able to temporarily address your emergency during your appointment. However, you may have to return for additional treatments like fillings, crowns, root canal therapy, or gum disease treatment.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Most dental emergencies are the result of an infection or physical trauma of some kind. For instance, you may be dealing with a severe toothache or have sustained an oral injury while playing sports. Whatever the case is, Dr. Hamm and the rest of the team are ready to help! Until your appointment, feel free to review the tips below for handling some of the most common emergencies we see.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
No two dental emergencies are the same. Because every case is unique, it’s impossible to provide an accurate cost estimate until you come in for an exam. During your appointment, we’ll carefully evaluate your situation to determine the best treatment method. Our team will thoroughly explain the pricing information and your financing options so you know exactly what to expect every step of the way!
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies aren’t always avoidable, but there are many steps you can take to prevent them from happening. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Visit your dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning
- Practice good oral hygiene (i.e., brush twice a day, floss daily, rinse every day with an ADA-approved mouthwash)
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Wear a protective mouthguard when playing sports or at night while you sleep
- Avoid poor dental habits (i.e., smoking, biting fingernails, using teeth as tools)